- Call for Application
The General public is hereby informed that, in the academic year 2021/2022, the Romanian State is offering Scholarships to Tanzanians to pursue Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Programmes in Romanian Universities. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Application requirements
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with not less than division two or Diploma of at least Upper Second Class;
- Must have graduated with a relevant Bachelor degree and passed with at least Upper Second Class;
- Must have a relevant Masters Degree (for PhD candidates ); and
- Must have good Romanian language proficiency skills (for Bachelor and Masters candidates); and good English language proficiency skills (for PhD candidates),
- List of documents to be submitted
The application file for the scholarship selection process must include the following documents:
- A completed application form;
- Certified copies of academic certificates or transcripts;
- Certified copy of birth certificate (or equivalent document);
- Certified copy of the first three pages of the passport;
- Medical test certificate;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of Romanian/English language proficiency skills;
- A letter of intent from the applicant (for PhD candidates );
- Research plan minimum 2 pages (for PhD candidates); and
- Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s former or current academic lecturer(s) or supervisor(s) ( for PhD candidates).
NB: Provide the authorized translation into English, French or Romanian, if the submitted documents are in other languages.
- List of programmes offered
For a complete list of accredited higher education institutions in Romania and relevant programmes offered by each University visit: https://www.edu.ro/institutiiinvatamant-superior
- Scope of the scholarship
The scholarships offered will cover the following:
- Tuition fees;
- Accommodation expenses;
- Monthly stipends;
- An exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees required by application processing;
- Medical assistance in case of medical-surgical emergencies and diseases with endemic-epidemic potential; and
- Public transport within Romania.
The scholarship does not cover the costs of international transport and those of domestic transport from the Romanian border crossing point to the university.
NB: There will be no Top-up Loan or Grant from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this scholarship.
- Application procedures and submission
- Download the application form from: http://www.maeso/en/node/10251
- Fill in the form and attach all necessary documents as listed in section 3
- Scan the complete application form together with the attachments and send it to the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania in Berlin which diplomatically represents Tanzania in Romania via this Email: email@example.com
- The deadline for submitting applications is strictly 30th April, 2021.
- For details on scholarship coverage, enrolment, calendar, necessary documents and conditions visit http://www.maeso/en/node/10251
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,