To ensure quality and value for money in the procurement, storage and supply of goods and services in the Ministry.
This Unit performs the following activities:-
- Advise the Accounting Officer on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics management;
- Monitor adherence to procurement process and procedures as per Public Procurement Act and its regulations;
- Develop an annual procurement Plan for the Ministry;
- Procure, maintain and manage supplies, materials and services to support the logistical requirements of the Ministry;
- Maintain and monitor distribution of office supplies and materials;
- Maintain and update inventory of goods, supplies and materials;
- Provide Secretariat services to the Ministerial Tender Board as per Public Procurement Act;
- Advise on specifications/standards for goods and services to be procured and monitor adherence to them to ensure value for money;
- Prepare action plan, progress reports and budgets for the Unit;
- Prepare, analyse and upload data to the ESMIS and Open Government Partnership portal related to the unit in accordance with the agreed work flow and protocol;
- Maintain and enforce work ethics and discipline within the section and ensure attainment of work targets related to various assignments in the section; and
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Accounting Officer as required by the section’s work protocol or as may be directed from time to time by the Accounting Officer.
This Unit is led by a Director.