Print this page
To provide legal expertise and services to the Ministry.
This Unit performs the following activities:-
- Provide legal advice and assistance to Ministry’s Divisions and Units and entities under the Ministry on interpretation of laws, terms of contract, terms of agreements, privatization agreements, procurement contracts, guarantees, letters of undertaking, memorandum of understanding, consultancy agreements and other type of agreements, and other legal documents;
- Provide technical support in preparation of legislative instruments including enactments of Parliament and subsidiary legislation(s) and forward to the Attorney General’s Chambers;
- Provide legal advice to the Ministry and its institutions;
- Participate to various negotiations and meetings that call for legal expertise on Education sectors;
- Liaise with the Attorney Generals Chambers on litigation of civil cases and other claims involving the Ministry; and
- Provide technical support to Attorney General’s Chambers on review of various legal instruments such as orders, notices, certificates, agreements and transfer deeds.
This Unit is led by a Principal Legal Officer.
Copyright © 2019 Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. All Rights Reserved